Monday, January 26, 2015

Books for 2015

I have a giant TBR list. Every time I finish a book I am filled with a mixture of excitement and stress over having to pick which book I'll read next. I just want to read them all right now!

Here are some of the books I'm most looking forward to in 2015.

First, a list of books that are already out, but I haven't read yet and will this year.

(These are all books I already own and am eager to get to:)


12384984See You at Harry's, by Jo Knowles. I'm a big fan of Jo Knowles's YA novels, and have been really looking forward to reading this MG by her. It sounds wonderful. I was super excited to get it for Christmas. :)










17788889Damsel Distressed, by Kelsey Macke. I've been wanting to read this one since I read Macke's blog post about the music tie in. (For one, because I'm working on a story with a music tie in myself.) Plus, I love a good retelling and this one sounds really fun.









The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin. Okay, I know I'm super behind here. Everyone's been telling me how amazing this series is and I will finally be finding out soon. :)











Books that come out in 2015:

17661416Made You Up, by Francesca Zappia. Not going to lie, the first thing to draw me in here was the cover. I mean, it's gorgeous, come on. But the story sounds amazing as well and I'm looking forward to it coming out.










18718848Mosquitoland, by David Arnold. I've heard so many great things about this book already. How could I not want to read about a character who describes herself as, "a collection of oddities, a circus of neurons and electrons: my heart is the ringmaster, my soul is the trapeze artist, and the world is my audience. It sounds strange because it is, and it is, because I am strange."









24561527 George, by Alex Gino. A transgender kid who's into theater? Count me in! This story sounds so unique, I'm super excited to read it! Plus, how cute is she peeking out of the O? :)








22928890

When You Leave, by Monica Ropal. Her new boyfriend is murdered and her best friend is a suspect. Who can she trust? This just sounds so good. I've been waiting on this one for a while and it finally comes out this year!










There are many, many more I hope to read in2015, but these are ones that will for sure make the cut. :)

How about you, what books are you looking forward to this year?

15 comments:

  1. I started the Mara Dyer series. And though I own the entire thing, I haven't read it all yet. I did enjoy the first book, though.

    Gayle Forman has a book coming out next week that I'm looking forward to. Also, Sarah J. Maas has a new title coming out later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a long list that I'll never finish. But I've already read four this year and that's a record for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations! I've actually been catching up on my 2014 reading list of funny nonfiction authors, like Jenny Mollen and Amy Poehler, whose books made me cackle out loud. I'll check out some of the books you recommended too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list of books to read. And that cover for Made You Up screams to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read any of these myself, or even heard of most of them, but they all sound great! Hope you enjoy them! :)

    And gosh, I can relate far too well to having a TBR pile that's both exciting and stressful. Mine's so unwieldy right now, yet I still can't seem to stop buying more books...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the covers for See You At Harry's and Mosquitoland. There's so many good books coming out this year that I'm excited for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these (gosh, there are SO many books to read in this world!) The TBR mountain never decreases, which is good. What would we do if it suddenly wasn't there anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading some of the books I've already downloaded to my kindle - which include some by writer friends I'd like to leave reviews for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those all sound good, so we must have similar reading taste. :) I read a ton of MG and used to read more YA, but haven't in a while. So I want to catch up on both of those genres.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this line-up! Especially the description you shared from Mosquitoland. It's writing like that that makes me thrive!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many, but right now I'm looking forward to Fairest (my daughter is reading it) and Winter in the Lunar Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music tie? I think, not 100% sure, but Simone Howell, YA author I think has one out with music being a big part. I'll be interested to hear what you think of Unbecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. address and payment information. Send. It’s a virtual soldes salomon chaussure myopian/hyperopian/presbyopian Tea Party, led largely by Minnesota software engineer Ira Mitchell, who launched his revolutionary Salomon Speedcross 3 Pas Cher  GlassyEyes blog (its motto is “ Saving the World from Overpriced Glasses!”) in 2006. Packed with forums, product reviews, discount deals, chaussure salomon pas cher and tips for buying specs online, it’s the vision-impaired version of Yelp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oakley sunglasses sale uk countless booger would thrown himself, sale finally surrendered fact, nothing, oakley sunglasses sale uk that is, last night I was in a supermarket to buy expired milk, oakley sunglasses sale uk cheap cheap oakley sunglasses uk was younger and a public contempt, seeing a dime bag. sale, you are too oakley sunglasses sale uk hypocritical, you really are filled http://www.witchita.co.uk with milk it. Not necessarily bar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nike free 3.0 sale In case a roller coaster is nike free 3.0 online not solid, straight fall to, we could not even escape. Despise cheap nike free 3.0 salewoman retorted stronger than risk it. Just then I heard coming from nike free 3.0 australia the ground and exclaimed nike free 3.0 sale applause. Everyone hung upside nike free 3.0 sale down with a look at the original .

    ReplyDelete