Wednesday, May 7, 2014

IWSG: Staying Positive

It’s Insecure Writer’s Support Group day! Big, big thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and his cohosts, Mark Koopmans, Joylene Nowell Butler, Elsie, and Lisa Buie-Collard! There are a lot of blogs on this list now, and it's so wonderful that you're willing to go around and make sure they all get comments. :)

If you aren't familiar with IWSG, go check it out by clicking the link above. It's a wonderful group of super supportive writers. This group has helped me countless times. If you're new to writing, or not, you will find help and support within this group.


My first novel comes out, so there's that to feel insecure about! I'm trying really hard, though, to not freak out. What will be, will be, and all that. I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll be singing a different tune. Lol. The freak out will come, but I'm so far I've held it at bay.

All together things have actually been looking pretty good lately. So I'm going to focus on the positive and try not to feel insecure this month.


Here are a couple fun writing quotes to hopefully brighten your day. :)
 
10 Shareable, Funny Writing Quotes
 
All the time. cdfinny  http://media-cache1.pinterest.com/upload/250512797992408130_9Qw7rBtz_f.jpg
 
Have a good day everyone!!

16 comments:

  1. Good luck with your upcoming book release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You must be totally excited (and nervous but that's part of excitement, right?)
    :) I especially love your 2nd quote. I think I live by that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the book release! I love both of the quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm both stoked and freaked. But I'm too busy to feel much of either right now. LOL

    Best of luck! :D
    IWSG #224 until Alex culls the list again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last month I didn't write down an idea and forgot it. Darn! Writing a novel doesn't have any real rules except writing it. Best of luck with your upcoming release.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some things will be out of your control. Just don't worry about it. Good luck with the release.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your writing, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about with your upcoming release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't freak out!! It will be all right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, congrats on getting to this stage! Don't get too worked out, though. It's always a nerve-raking experience and we tend to check the sales numbers every two minutes, but trust me, get away from amazon and just try to enjoy the ride. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your novel! Try to keep this positive feeling for as long as you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! I bet your release will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will do really well! :) I'm excited about your novel! It's gonna be okay because however it goes, we'll be here for you. That's the awesome thing about this group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your novel!!! I have fallen so far behind in my reading...maybe this summer I can catch up.

    the second meme is just too right. I had this line in my head for a scene that was just perfect and I freaking forgot it! So mad i didn't take just a second to jot it down.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fact that you have a novel is coming out is a major accomplishment; it means you went a lot farther than all the people who only talk about writing a novel someday.
    I must admit that I sometimes think I'll remember to write it down later, though I often forget. That's why I started carrying my journal around with me.

    ReplyDelete