Friday, February 3, 2012

Perfect Picture Book Friday

So I decided to join Susanna Leonard Hill in perfect picture book Friday. Today she is talking about good picture books for boys, which made me think of one of my son's favorite picture books.
Dinotrux Dinotrux, written and illustrated by Chris Gall
opening: Millions of years ago prehistoric trucks roamed the earth. They were huge. They were hungry. But they weren't helpful like they are today.
brief synopsis:  Prehistoric ancestors of today's trucks, such as Dozeratops and Dumploducus, roamed the earth until they rusted and became extinct.

Why I like this book: Trucks and dinosaurs? How can you go wrong? We checked this book out from the library when my son was three or four. He slept with it every night. Finally we bought our own. It's funny and really quite unique. I've recommended it to all my friends with boys, and they've had similar experiences with it.

Well, that's it. Have a fun Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! I felt like it was hard to find good books for my little boy. When yours gets a little older you should try Rudyard Kiplings Just So Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I love Rudyard Kipling, I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This book looks AMAZING! I love picture books. Bummer my boys are tweens now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love picture books, too. I was actually collecting them before I had kids. :)

      Delete
  3. Does sound perfect for young boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, picture books are so much fun. I used to love those. Check out my blog I posted an award for you!

    ReplyDelete