Saturday, December 17, 2011

New Baby!

My younger sister had her first baby early this morning! A beautiful, healthy baby boy. I am very happy for her and I can't wait to meet my new nephew.

I have two younger sisters and they both had their first child this year. (My other nephew is a little over seven months old now.) I had my fourth this year, and it was fun for us all to be pregnant together for a little while.

You can't really imagine what it's like to become a mother until you've been through it. And even then it's still hard to believe! The pain of labor, then the rush of love and relief when you see your baby for the first time. I always think it's hard to believe they looked just the same only hours earlier inside you. It seems like they have a major metamorphasis on their way out, from the baby in your mind to an actual, real live person. A tiny, pink, perfect person.

From that moment your life will never be quite the same. Don't worry, though, it may be harder but it is definitely better, too. I always say worry and guilt will be your constant companions, so get used to it- and know that every mother (or at least every mother I've ever known) feels that way.

Being a mom is hard work, and, to be honest, some times a bit boring.  But it can also be a lot of fun and is ultimately very rewarding. No one can make me laugh harder than my kids, and nothing has made me prouder than my kids. I could brag about any one of them for a considerable amount of time if you were willing to listen to it. They are amazing little people. Each one unique, able to annoy me and amaze me in their own special way. :)

So congratulations Sis, and welcome to the mad house. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment